London police kicks off Crime Prevention week in the community
The week-long campaign ending Nov. 11 includes a series of safety demonstrations
London Police Service is hosting a series of community safety demonstrations this week for the province's Crime Prevention initiative — the week-long campaign started Sunday and runs until Nov. 11.
"Effective crime prevention starts with strong community partnerships," said Sgt. Brendan Hicks in a release on Sunday, "Working together with the community we serve to identify criminal activity and crime trends is how we, as a police service, help to build a safer community."
The Ontario-wide safety campaign includes police services from across the province and is supported by the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police and the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
London Police crime prevention officers will be at the following locations this week:
- Monday - from 11 to 1 p.m. at White Oaks Mall
- Tuesday - from 11 to 1 p.m. at Westmount Mall
- Wednesday - from 1 to 3 p.m. at Sherwood Forest Mall
- Wednesday - from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at The Berkshire Club (RSVP only for the Neighbourhood Watch Appreciation Night)
- Thursday - from 11 to 1 p.m. at the Covent Garden Market
- Friday - from 11 to 1 p.m. at Cherryhill Village Mall