Hundreds of people poured into Rexall stadium to watch a rare open Oilers practice today. As the CBC's Scott Fralick reports, it's a sign that, at least for some fans, hard feelings over the lockout have been forgotten.
Lockout anger forgotten as fans flock to Oilers practice
CBC News Posted: Jan 14, 2013 11:44 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 15, 2013 12:38 AM ET
Quebec Votes 2014
Quebec Votes 2014 »
- CAQ's Legault pledges to abolish school boards
- The Coalition Avenir Québec is promising to do away with the province’s 69 school boards and replace them with 30 regional service centres to manage student and school needs.
- Blog Legault has to keep CAQ loyalists onside
- Both the Liberals and the PQ want to get votes from the CAQ, but when Legault was asked about that by a reporter in Trois-Rivières yesterday, he said he is confident.
- Pauline Marois English debate offer revised
- A group of English media has sent another request the Parti Québécois leader, inviting her to participate in an English-language debate in French with simultaneous translation.
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Frustrated Farmers Want Grain Moved Mar. 7, 2014 12:38 PM Grain farmers are angry as they watch trains full of oil roll to market leaving them wondering why so few are available to move their product to market.
- Malaysia Airlines: 2 Canadians were on missing plane
- Clocks spring forward Sunday for daylight saving time
- Pesticide traces in some tea exceed allowable limits
- Birth of Justin Trudeau's son poses political opportunity
- Truckers reject Vancouver port deal: strike to begin Monday
- Woman dead after being hit by semi in downtown Vancouver
- Ottawa man caught driving 190 km/h has Jaguar impounded
- Lev Tahor sect members on the run sent back to Canada
- Measles outbreak in east Fraser Valley prompts warning
- Sasquatch lore reaches back far into B.C.'s past