What’s open, what’s closed on Victoria Day
Here's a look at what is open and closed on Monday, May 19 in Waterloo Region.
Here's a look at what's open and what's closed in Waterloo Region on Victoria Day.
- Conestoga Mall, Fairview Park Mall and Cambridge Centre are closed.
- Beer Store and LCBO locations will be closed.
Region of Waterloo
- All regional administrative offices are closed.
- Grand River Transit routes will be operating on a Sunday service schedule for Monday, May 19. GRT terminal hours and customer service hours will not be affected.
- Region of Waterloo International Airport will not be affected.
- Cambridge, Waterloo and all rural waste transfer stations will be closed. Garbage, recycling and green bin pick up will not be affected.
- Regional daycare centres and home child care will be closed.
- Sunnyside Home Reception and Sunnyside Wellness Centre are closed.
- All regional library branches will be closed on Monday as per usual operating hours.
- Waterloo Region Museum and Doon Heritage Village are open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Joseph Schneider Haus is closed.
- McDougall Cottage is closed.
- Kitchener Market will be closed.
- All Kitchener Public Library locations are closed.
- Breithaupt, Cameron Heights and Forest Heights pools are closed. Lyle Hallman Pool is open from 11:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All of the city’s splash pads will be open for the season starting Monday, May 19.
- The following community centres will be closed: Country Hills, Chandler Mowat, Downtown, Doon Pioneer Park, Forest Heights, Mill Courtland, Stanley Park, Bridgeport, Centreville Chicopee, Kingsdale, Victoria Hills, Williamsburg and Rockway Centre.
- All arena facilities will be open for rentals and scheduled programming. The Lyle S. Hallman Foundation walking track at Activa Sportplex is open from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Aud is open for the K-W Kennel Club’s Annual Dog Show and Agility Trials.
- Budd Park indoor soccer facility will be closed.
- City Hall, city archives, and administrative offices will be closed.
- Waterloo Region Small Business Centre will be closed.
- Hespeler, Galt, Duncan McIntosh, Preston, Homuth and Dickson arenas are closed.
- David Durward Centre is closed.
- Cambridge Centre for the Arts is closed.
- John Dolson Centre is open from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- W.G. Johnson Centre is open from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Albert McCormick Community Centre will be closed.
- Bechtel Park Manulife Financial Soccer & Sports Centre will be open all day for regular outdoor programs only.
- Moses Springer Community Centre is closed.
- RIM Park Manulife Financial Sportsplex & Healthy Living Centre is closed.
- Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex & Swimplex is closed.
- Adult Recreation Centre is closed.
- Wing 404 RCAFA Rotary Adult Centre is closed.