Waterloo Regional Council voted Wednesday to ratify an overall seven per cent transit fare hike.
The new fare structure takes effect July 1.
The following price increases are among those that will occur under the new fare structure:
- Adult monthly passes are up to $72 from $68.
- U-PASS fares are up to $72.23 from $67.50.
- High school five-term monthly passes are up to $240 from $235.
- Reduced monthly passes are up to $60 from $56.
- Adult tickets are up to $11.50 for a strip of five from $10.50.
- Reduced tickets are up to $10 for a strip of five from $9.
Cash fares remain unchanged at $3, and day passes will stay at $6.
Grand River Transit says that even if the changes are approved, fares on the system will still be among the lowest in the province.