More than a dozen employees of a Waterloo company were taken to hospital following a suspected carbon monoxide leak inside the building Thursday afternoon.

Emergency services responded to Hoerbiger Fine Stamping, an auto parts manufacturer, at 555 Parkside Dr. after a report of elevated carbon monoxide levels, Waterloo Regional Police said.

 Around 25 employees were evacuated from the building, with 15 taken to two area hospitals.

"Some staff had developed some signs and symptoms that were unusual with regard to nausea, vomiting and dizziness," said Jim Topham, an EMS supervisor for the Region of Waterloo. 

"There was a potential for exposure for carbon monoxide. We're not sure of the source."

None of the symptoms were considered serious, Topham said.

The Ministry of Labour will be investigating the incident, police said.