Car fire started by exploding e-cigarette, police say
One person taken to hospital
One person was taken to hospital Monday evening after an e-cigarette malfunctioned, sparking a car fire.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to a home on Snowdrop Crescent in Kitchener's west end around 6:30 p.m. Monday.
Police said an 18-year-old man sustained non-life threatening injuries. He was taken to hospital for treatment.
Jeff Wildfang of Kitchener Fire Prevention said fire crews were called out for a car fire.
Wildfang said they will be following up with the Ontario Fire Marshal to see if they keep track of fires started by malfunctioning e-cigarettes.