The Horrorshow can be found on the second floor of The Corktown Pub — and it's billed as Hamilton's scariest haunted house.
It was started back in 2009 by special effects maven Carlos Henriques, whose film credits include Left for Dead, Awakening and Bottom Feeder.
Halloween in Canada by the numbers
- 3,734,401 — Number of trick-or-treating aged kids in Canada, which the agency defines as those between five and 14 years old.
- 13.3 million — the number of Canadian households across Canada that could potentially be mined for candy.
- $21.6 million — the total value of all costumes manufactured in Canada last year.
- 88,400 tonnes — the amount of pumpkins grown in Canada last year.
- 100 — the number of businesses across Canada in the costume-renting business.
- $355.9 million — the amount of candy sold across Canada last October.
- $276.2 million — the average amount of candy sold across Canada in other months.
Source: Statstics Canada
Admission is $10 or $8 with a non-perishable food donation. The event runs from 7 p.m. until midnight.
Halloween Safe Trick or Treat
Parents can get out of the Wednesday night rain with their kids at the Safe Trick or Treat at Eastgate Square.
The event is geared towards kids ten and under, and gives them an opportunity to grab some candy in a "safe, dry environment."
"Safe Trick or Treat is a lot of fun," said Barbara Miele, marketing director. "The merchants get in the spirit and dress up in costume and the event has evolved into a fun community gathering. Parents and children have a great time trick or treating together from store to store throughout the mall."
The event gets underway at 5 p.m. and ends at 7 p.m.
Crafts for Kids
Over at the Hamilton Children's Museum, there are songs, storytime, and Halloween crafts for kids.
The event is geared for kids four and under and runs from 2 p.m. until 3 p.m.
Hallowizeen at This Ain't Hollywood
Get dancing over at This Ain't Hollywood to celebrate the last day of October. The show features Ark Analog and Hamilton Djs Dex and Ka$kaval, among others.
Things get underway at 9 p.m., and admission is $8.
Halloween at Hush
Over in Hess Village, celebrate Halloween at Hush. Drinks are $4 and there's a cash prize for best costume.
DJ Frank So will get things moving through the night.
For more information, visit Facebook.com/hushinhess.