Across much of Canada, Monday is a public holiday, meaning government offices and many private enterprises will be closed for business.
Here's a list of what's open and what's closed in Hamilton on the Civic Holiday:
- City-run outdoor pools (Check the city's website for hours)
- Most large grocery stores
- Movie theatres
- Some LCBO locations (Check the company's store locator for listings)
- Some The Beer Store locations (Check the company's website for listings)
- Lime Ridge Mall will be open from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Eastgate Mall will be open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Government offices
- All Hamilton Public Library branches
- All city-run recreation centres and arenas (except for outdoor pools)
- All Hamilton Civic Museum locations
- Jackson Square mall
Trash and transit:
- There will be no garbage, blue box or green bin pickup on Monday (Pickup this week will occur the day after the regularly scheduled collection date)
- The HSR will be operating on a Sunday/Holiday schedule
- DARTS will be running on a holiday schedule
- GO trains and buses will be running on a Sunday schedule
For more information on how the holiday will affect city services, go to Hamilton.ca/HotTopics/WhatsOpen-CivicHoliday.htm.