Restaurant fire causes $300K in damages
An early morning fire at a Westdale restaurant caused about $300,000 in damages Tuesday, fire officials say.
Firefighters were called to Rotana Resto-Bar at 1124 Main St. W. around 2:47 a.m. It’s a two-storey building with four commercial units on the ground floor and seven apartments on the second floor.
After getting inside, fire crews found flames in the back of the restaurant’s kitchen and hosed them down. Crews were quickly able to douse the flames and keep the fire confined to the first floor of the restaurant, fire officials say.
The apartments on top of the restaurant suffered smoke damage. The Fire Marshal’s office has been called in to help determine a cause for the fire.
About 10 people were evacuated. There were no injuries.