Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board has closed all schools and board administrative facilities due to freezing rain conditions.
The school board announced that all exams scheduled for Monday will be held Tuesday.
HWDSB Corporate Communications Manager, Jackie Penman said that it is the board's policy to close all schools and cancel all school buses when driving conditions become dangerous.
The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board has cancelled buses Monday. However, schools remain open.
Classes at both McMaster University and Mohawk College are on as scheduled.
Below is a complete list of school and school bus service closures for the Hamilton and the GTA, which was hit by snow and freezing rain on Monday morning.
- Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic No buses but schools are open Hamilton-Wentworth public Classes cancelled and no bus service.
- Toronto District and Toronto Catholic school boards: no cancellations to classes or school bus service.
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic and Peel public: school buses cancelled across entire region.
- York Public and York Catholic school buses and student taxis cancelled across the region.
- Durham Public and Durham Catholic Buses cancelled north of Highway 7/Winchester Road; schools are open.
- Halton student transportation cancelled in all public, Catholic and French language schools.
- Waterloo public and Catholic: school buses, taxis cancelled.