Organizers of next year’s Pan American Games have announced ticket prices for the tournament, including those for soccer matches in Hamilton and track and field events in Toronto.
Sports fans hoping to attend the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games will be able to make ticket requests starting at 10 a.m. ET on Sept. 15.
"Our ceremonies and gold-medal event tickets will be in great demand, so we encourage everyone to plan their Games experience now," Saäd Rafi, chief executive officer of the games’ organizing committee, said in the statement.
Single tickets for sporting events will range from $20 to $140 each. And if you’re planning to check out a soccer game at Hamilton’s soon-to-be-finished Pan Am Stadium during the competition, expect to pay between $20 and $35 per ticket. That's considerably less expensive than the cheapest seat in the house ($67) for Saturday's Toronto FC game. The MLS club plays Chicago on Saturday Aug. 23.
- Related: Pan Am Games venues within budget: report
- Related: Toronto Pan Am Games start 1-year countdown
- Related: Stadium being ready for Labour Day will be 'a stretch': Ferguson
Admission for one to the opening ceremonies starts at $100 and will max out at $350, while tickets to the closing ceremonies will range in price from $90 to $200.
Here’s a sampling of what tickets to other events will cost:
- Gold-medal track and field events, $80 to $140, in Toronto
- Swimming, $40 to $140, in Toronto
- Baseball, $20 to $35, in Ajax
- Basketball, $25 to $75, in Toronto
- Boxing, $25 to $75, in Oshawa
- Equestrian, $25 to $75, in Caledon and Mono
- Golf, $45 to $75, in Markham
- Rugby sevens, $20 to $45, in Toronto
Around 6,000 participants from 41 countries in the Americas and the Caribbean are set to compete in the 2015 edition of the Pan American Games. The tournament starts on July 10 and will conclude just more than two weeks later, on July 26.
The Greater Toronto and Hamilton will host the 2015 Parapan American Games, which feature athletes with physical disabilities, from Aug. 7 to Aug. 15.
Tickets can be requested via the Games' website or by phone. The request phase will last for three weeks and end on Oct. 6.
Customers will receive an email in late November to let them know whether their ticket requests were successful, organizers said. Any remaining tickets will then go on sale in December on a first-come, first-serve basis.