Listeria recall: Jensen Cheese Brand Old Cheddar
Jensen Ltd. is recalling Jensen Cheese brand Old Cheddar Cheese (white) due to possible Listeria contamination.
The product was sold at a dozen locations throughout Ontario. Here's a full list of locations:
- Locke Street Meats &Deli, 205 Locke Street S, Hamilton
- The Mustard Seed, 460 York Blvd, Hamilton
- Marilu's Market, 4025 New Street, Burlington
- Cousin's Market, 1215 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
- Pusateri's Fine Foods, 2901 Bayview Avenue, Toronto
- Pusateri's Fine Foods, 57 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto
- Valeriote's Market, 204 Yorkshire Road N, Guelph
- Fiesta Farms, 200 Christie Street, Toronto
- Harvest Wagon, 1103 Yonge Street, Toronto
- Market Fresh, 10 Paisley Street, Guelph
- Picone Fine Food, 34 King Street W, Dundas
- Whole Foods Market, 87 Avenue Road, Toronto
In a release late Monday night the company says some product packages may not bear the Jensen Cheese brand name and that the cheese may also have been sold from deli counters with or without a label or coding. Consumers who are unsure if they have purchased the affected product are advised to contact their retailer.
The company says any recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can give humans food poisoning when ingested. Symptoms include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable.