It’s both parts impressive and possibly the nerdiest thing you’ll see all day.
The staff at Hamilton’s Museum of Steam and technology put together this video spoof of Ylvis’s What Does the Fox Say? for an international museum dance off contest hosted by Whenyouworkatamuseum.com.
So let’s break this down:
- A spoof of one of the catchiest/most annoying (depending on who you are) viral videos ever that’s all about pumps and steam
- It’s a museum dance off competition
- Staff dancing in full steam punk regalia
- Some really solid vocals and harmonies
- No, really, it’s a museum dance off competition
Yeah… you should probably watch this.
The Hamilton museum is the only Canadian entry, and is in the second round of the competition. The staff is now competing against the USS Hornet – a Second World War aircraft carrier that’s been recommissioned as a museum in California.
The Museum of Steam and Technology lets visitors peer into life at the beginning of Canada's industrial revolution, and preserves two 45-feet high, 70-ton steam engines that pumped the first clean water to Hamilton over 140 years ago.
The museum is a national historic site and a civil and power engineering landmark.
You can vote until 8 p.m. Friday at Whenyouworkatamuseum.com.