What's open and closed this Family Day in Hamilton
All city offices, municipal service centres and Ontario Works offices are closed Monday. If you have an emergency related to roads, water mains, public health or safety you can call 905.546.2489.
Here's a list of events you can check out on the holiday weekend.
Your green bins, recycling and garbage won't be picked up Monday – the pickup schedule will shift one day later.
Recycling and garbage dumps will be closed.
HSR buses will be operating on Sunday/holiday schedule.
All recurring DARTS trips are cancelled unless it's for dialysis. Other passengers must make a reservation ahead of time to travel on Monday.
- These seniors centres will be open but have modified schedules: Club 60, Dundas, Flamborough, Rosedale, Victoria Park, Warden Park and Winona.
- Rec. centres and arenas will also have modified hours and programs.
All libraries are closed except for Central Library and Turner Park branch, which will be open 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. for regular library services and some programming.
Special programming at the following museums:
- Dundurn National Historic Site (details)
- Whitehern Historic House & Garden (details)
- Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology (details)
- Battlefield House Museum & Park (details)
- Hamilton Children's Museum (details)
- Art Gallery of Hamilton (details)
- Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts (details)
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (details)
- Most major grocery stores like Fortinos, Sobeys and No Frills will be closed.
- LCBO stores will be closed.