GO Trains headed from Hamilton to Toronto’s Union station are dealing with major delays Monday morning because of an “inoperable freight train” on the tracks west of Aldershot station, Go Transit says.
Here are the delays listed so far:
- The Hamilton 6:32 a.m. - Union 7:43 a.m. train trip arrived Union 66 minutes late
- The Hamilton 7:05 a.m. - Union 8:15 a.m. train trip is delayed 44 minutes from Oakville
- The Hamilton 7:15 a.m. - Union 8:32 a.m. train trip is delayed 42 minutes from Appleby
- The Aldershot 7:48 a.m. - Union 8:52 a.m. train trip is delayed 22 minutes from Oakville
- The Union 7:33 a.m. - Oakville 8:12 a.m. train trip arrived Oakville 17 minutes late
- The Oakville 8:24 a.m. - Union 9:07 a.m. train trip is estimated to be delayed 20-25 minutes from Oakville
- The Union 7:13 a.m. - Aldershot 8:16 a.m. train trip arrived Aldershot 21 minutes late due to a vehicular incident at a railway crossing.
- The Aldershot 8:08 a.m. - Union 9:15 a.m. train trip is delayed 17 minutes east of Appleby due to earlier freight train traffic and vehicular incident at railway crossing.
- The Aldershot 8:34 a.m. - Union 9:41 a.m. train trip is delayed 13 minutes from Aldershot due to a vehicular incident at a railway crossing involving an earlier train.
GO Transit spokesperson Malon Edwards told CBC Hamilton that commuters should keep checking GO’s website for the most up to date train times.
“It’s happening because of a freight train blocking the tracks, and we just can’t move until it’s out of the way,” he said. “It’s much longer than we’d like our customers to wait for sure, but it’s out of our control.”
Edwards could not say what company owned the train.