3 dryer fires Sunday night kept Hamilton Fire hopping
3 dryer fires reported in a little over an hour Sunday
Hamilton Fire crews had a busy Sunday evening fighting dryer fires at three separate locations, all reported in the span of just over an hour.
The first call came in around 9 p.m. and the last one around 10:20 p.m.
Fires on Paling Avenue in the east end and Ontario Avenue in Stinson were both contained within the dryer, but a reported fire on Locke Street North had spread some beyond the dryer, said Hamilton Fire spokesman Claudio Mostacci.
Two people were assessed for smoke inhalation — an infant at the Ontario Avenue home and an adult male from the Locke Street North fire, Mostacci said.
Last winter, Mayor Fred Eisenberger was treated for smoke inhalation and a burned hand after his home dryer caught fire. At the time, the mayor's office issued a statement reminding the city about "the importance of having a fire extinguisher in your home and (knowing) how to properly use it."
The Ontario Fire Marshal has some tips on avoiding clothes dryer fires.