Searchers looking for the lost ships of Sir John Franklin's 1845 Arctic expedition have discovered small artifacts and bits of human remains connected to the doomed polar mission. video
While the marine search for Sir John Franklin's lost ships has come up dry so far this summer, land-based sites have yielded a bonanza of artifacts that could help shed further light on what happened after the vessels were abandoned in the Arctic.
After Franklin search activities on the water wrapped up, the Martin Bergmann set sail through turbulent waters toward Cambridge Bay.
- Arctic thaw heats up Northwest Passage dreams
- Life in the Arctic: Where old ways and new collide video
- The search for Franklin an enduring Canadian ghost story
- The National: How Inuit oral history may help solve the Franklin mystery
- photos The Martin Bergmann
- Search for lost Franklin ships launched in Canada's Arctic video