The remains of a Canadian soldier who died 94 years ago during the Battle of Vimy Ridge have been identified as those of Private Thomas Lawless, a relative of the McLaren family of Ponoka, Alta.
VIDEO: WWI unknown soldier linked to Alta.
Canada lost thousands of soliders during the Battle of Vimy Ridge, 94 years ago
By Bryan Labby, CBC News Posted: Apr 09, 2011 5:40 PM MT Last Updated: Apr 09, 2011 5:38 PM MT
Latest Edmonton News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Premier Rachel Notley says her government may change course if budget plans don't work
- Jasper Park camping trip brings refugees together from around the world
- Hacker targets remote northern Alberta communities
- Edmonton honours leading ladies on Daughters Day
- Jen Kish adds to memory mosaic with Olympic tattoo
- Oilers ink St Albert's Matthew Benning to 2 year deal
- Edmonton pushing for lawns to go natural
- Alberta Health Services issues water advisory for Jackfish Lake
- 'We are reliving it:' Victim of serial rapist Larry Takahashi speaks as her attacker is freed on day parole