Surrey Garden condo fire deemed accidental
A condo fire in west Edmonton that injured one person and caused approximately $3 million worth of damage was started accidentally, fire investigators say.
The March 12 fire, which significantly damaged 12 units in the 24-unit Surrey Garden complex on 178 Street and 69 Ave, started in the kitchen of a suite on the second floor.
Investigators say it started when a pot was left on a stove.
One man suffered a burned hand during the blaze. Two suites were engulfed in flames and the rest of the complex had to be evacuated.