Sunterra Market fruit salads recalled in Calgary, Edmonton
Problem items all include mangoes that were recently recalled
Posted: Aug 31, 2012 12:26 PM MT
Last Updated: Aug 31, 2012 1:33 PM MT
A health warning has been issued about some store-made fruit cups, yogurts and salads containing recalled mangoes from Sunterra Markets in Calgary and Edmonton.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency says the items may be contaminated with salmonella.
Fresh mango cups, quinoa and mango salad (some with edamames), strawberry and mango salad and the cajun chicken and mango salad box are part of the health hazard alert.
Also, the Granola and Yogurt Cup Mango and Raspberries sold only at the Lendrum Shopping Centre on 111th Street in Edmonton is part of the recall.
There have been no reports of illness linked to these products.
The problem items all include Daniella brand mangoes that were recently recalled.
The notice for the mangoes was issued after 21 people in British Columbia and Alberta became ill from salmonella after eating mangoes.
Latest Edmonton News Headlines
- Supporters protest bail in boy's patio death
- About 60 people protested outside the Edmonton courthouse where a bail hearing was held Thursday for the man accused of killing a two-year-old boy on an restaurant patio. more »
- Lindale residents preparing for 2nd night away from home
- Wildfires in Brazeau and Strathcona counties are holding, but many residents in Lindale will likely not be permitted to return home today. more »
- Trudeau raises environmental questions over pipeline
- Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says a proposed west-east pipeline project will not go forward unless it addresses key environmental concerns. more »
- Rain, snow in K-Country prompts rescue of school campers
- A group of wet and cold school kids and their adult supervisors from Edmonton had to be rescued from Kananaskis Country on Wednesday night. more »
Top News Headlines
- How was the Mike Duffy report 'whitewashed?'
- Opposition parties pushed the government on Thursday to answer questions about the "whitewashed" Duffy report while the RCMP is also seeking more information from the Senate as part of its review of questionable expenses. more »
- 2nd suspect in Tim Bosma murder case to plead not guilty
- The lawyer for Mark Smich says the Oakville, Ont., resident will plead not guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Tim Bosma, the Hamilton man who disappeared earlier this month after taking two men on a test drive of his truck. more »
- Chat about the rise of binge TV watching on Thursday 7 p.m.
- After a seven year hiatus, Netflix is set to release a new season of Arrested Development -- and some fans are already predicting they'll watch all 15 episodes in one sitting. This week on CBC Live Online, host Lauren O'Neil will speak with a panel of guests and viewers like you about the rise of binge TV watching. Harmless hobby or horrible habit? more »
- SNC-Lavalin letter says Gadhafi son offered VP post: RCMP
- SNC-Lavalin's ties to Libya's former dictatorship ran so deep the company offered the son of Moammar Gadhafi a six-figure job as a vice president in 2008, according to a newly unsealed RCMP affidavit. more »
- Smudge, the Hotel Macdonald's friendliest greeter
- Lindale fire doubles in size within hours
- Hostage taking at Edmonton courthouse sends prisoner to hospital
- Photocopier bill could topple Edmonton charity
- Postal workers strike in Fort McMurray
- Edmonton driver, 62, charged in boy's patio death
- Wait time and primary care reforms stalled
- Liam, Emma, most popular names for Alberta babies
- Driver too drunk to stand, says mom of toddler killed on patio