Another month, another broken record for Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
The latest auction was held from April 26 to April 30 in Nisku, and the company set new Canadian records for overall auction sales and the number of lots sold.
Ritchie Bros. April Auction, by the numbers:
- Gross auction proceeds – more than $240 million
- Total value sold to online bidders – more than $140 million
- Total registered bidders (onsite and online) – more than 16,700, from 55 countries
- Online registered bidders – more than 10,550
- Number of lots sold – more than 10,200
- Number of sellers – more than 1,125
Ritchie Bros. also set company records for the highest amount sold to online bidders and the number of sellers. The company said about 84 per cent of the equipment was sold to Canadians, and about 46 per cent went to Albertans.
As the economic downturn continues, companies are turning to Ritchie Bros. to sell their equipment.
The company has been consistently setting and breaking sales records with each auction.
One of the biggest sellers at the recent auction, NewCom Earthmovers Ltd. from Brooks, Alta., sold off more than 400 items as a "complete dispersal."
"We've been buying and selling here since we started the company 12 years ago," Harold Ward, owner of Newcom Earthmovers, said in a statement issued by Ritchie Bros.
"With the changing landscape here in Alberta, we thought it would be a good time for us to sell and we're happy with the result."
The next Ritchie Bros. auction in Nisku will be held in mid-June.