In Edmonton, the official languages of English and French are giving way to a rising tide of international languages. Alicia Asquith takes a look at the local numbers.
Rise of international languages changing way city sounds
CBC News Posted: Oct 24, 2012 8:43 PM MT Last Updated: Oct 24, 2012 8:37 PM MT
Latest Edmonton News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Canadian record of 130,000 fentanyl pills seized by Edmonton police
- Child killed by Edmonton foster mom was failed by 'everyone' involved in case, judge says
- Thieves steal $200,000 in copper wire, leave $1 million in damage to oilfield site
- Looking for something to do this weekend?
- 'She was supposed to be a mom': Family and friends remember young girl full of love
- Triathlon brings 2 days of major road closures to Edmonton
- Guilty plea expected from man accused of killing teens near Whitefish Lake
- Alberta Health Minister Sarah Hoffman's credibility questioned on Pure North issue
- Killer foster mom was flagged by committee, fatality inquiry hears