On Monday, the U.S. Department of Commerce announced duties on Canadian softwood lumber imports, ranging from three to 24 per cent depending on the company. But Alberta's lumber heavyweights are confident Canada will win the war against Trump's new tariffs.
After nearly a decade of operation, the organizers behind DedFest, Edmonton’s leading alternative film festival, are pondering the event’s demise.
Edmonton mayor Don Iveson lobbed a challenge to mayors of four other Canadian cities to grow playoff beards.video
When the Edmonton Oilers commanded their fans to paint the town orange, Blair Gladue took the marching orders seriously.video
Tuesday April 25, 2017
There are new taxes for foreign buyers on housing out west, and now out east. We talk to a real estate market expert about why that could push foreign investors to the centre and drive up the market here in Edmonton.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of flurries or rain showers
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
Did you see breaking news?
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Underground economy players impervious to CRA's 'nudge' experiment
- Politicians meddle with real estate — but would Canadians tolerate intervention in other markets?
- Ontario regulator lacks expertise to regulate syndicated mortgages, says former registrar
- Liberal MPs get closed-door briefing on harassment
- 'Embarrassment to Canadians': Abuse, humiliation occurred at bases across country, soldiers say
- New post-secondary sexual assault policies a start but fall short, experts say
- Hamilton police said crime would flourish if cellphone surveillance records disclosed
- High cost of making calls from Nova Scotia jails is 'predatory,' say advocates
- Michael Chong urges rivals to 'get serious' as Conservatives gather for final leadership debate
- It's Trudeau's move after Trump goes from tough talk to action with lumber duties: Chris Hall
- Wilbur Ross says Canada is 'dumping lumber,' as Ottawa vows to push back
- 259,010 eligible to vote in Conservative leadership race
- Best year he's ever had? 2016 was the year of Drake, according to stats
- Night Trap, controversial horror game from the '90s, set for a re-release
- Scott Baio explains 'if you do drugs or drink, you're going to die' remarks after Erin Moran's death
- 'Has it affected him?' Woman confronts her abuser in documentary 'A Better Man'
- To the bitter end: The broken nation of Zimbabwe awaits the death of a dictator
- 'Everything was hurting so bad': How one Muslim man snuck across the U.S. border into Canada
- Obama wanted to improve U.S. image abroad — what went wrong?
- 'It's not such a secret anymore': Check out Episode 8 of Who Killed Alberta Williams?
- Greg Alvin Dawson's death a homicide, but RCMP see 'no obvious connection' to 2 other deaths
- Membertou First Nation launches neighbourhood watch
- Treaties, reconciliation and Indigenous history in Canada: Join a live roundtable this Wednesday
- Meet the designer making wearable art that comes out of Indigenous teachings and culture