tp-edm-house-fire

A house fire broke out in a northeast Edmonton home early Friday. ((CBC) )

Firefighters from three different stations were called to a house fire Friday morning near 89th Street and 120th Avenue in northeast Edmonton.

"Three occupants at the time of the fire, all accounted for, no injuries," said Capt. Dennis Hushagen. However two cats and a dog trapped in the home died.

The age of the older home complicated things for firefighters, Hushagen said.   "Most of the insulation in the ceiling area, it's sawdust and older materials like that, so once the flame gets up into that location of the home in the ceiling and attic spaces … it's a more difficult process to search it all out," said Hushagen.

Damage is estimated at $265,000. Fire officials are still looking for the cause.