Edmonton's Aboriginal and Indo-Canadian communities were among those gathered at City Hall Friday to raise awareness of violence against women -- both at home and abroad. The CBC's Travis Dhanraj reports.
Memorial marks violence against women
CBC News Posted: Feb 16, 2013 2:07 PM MT Last Updated: Feb 16, 2013 3:14 PM MT
Latest Edmonton News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Edmonton
One of only 60 playable Stradivarius being played on CBC Edmonton News by Maestro Matteo Fedeli. In an interview with Adrienne Pan, the significance of the instrument is explained.
Nicole Gladue-Weesemat's mother, Gloria Gladue, went missing in October and hopes for her safe return by asking the public to report any information to police.
In a presentation to high school students the Edmonton Police Service is taking a new approach to fentanyl reduction. Educating youth instead of frightening them away from the drug.
Top News Headlines
- Father's 'horrible' rabbit farm adds to Parkland County woman's grief
- Kirsten Lamb jury told mom used drugs, abandoned her girls
- 5 things to do in Edmonton this weekend
- Rexall Place to be kept as part of new plans for Northlands grounds
- New home 'nightmare' for northern Alberta family
- U of A hospital unveils Canada's 1st stroke ambulance
- Woman charged in suspected drunken drive-thru trip
- Physician-assisted death condemned by Alberta bishops, doctor, patient
- Yash Pal Sharma, Ward 12 candidate, sued for role in alleged conspiracy to smear local journalist