Edmonton's Aboriginal and Indo-Canadian communities were among those gathered at City Hall Friday to raise awareness of violence against women -- both at home and abroad. The CBC's Travis Dhanraj reports.
Memorial marks violence against women
CBC News Posted: Feb 16, 2013 2:07 PM MT Last Updated: Feb 16, 2013 3:14 PM MT
Latest Edmonton News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- 9-year sentence for man who raped Edmonton grandmother
- Dangerous dog applications filed for 4 dogs in September attack
- Ebola diagnosis delayed after Air Canada refuses to transport blood sample
- 'Mindfulness' part of the curriculum at Grandview Heights school
- Long-term care, supportive living and home care - how do they differ?
- Sentencing for Child "M" mother postponed after lawyer withdraws
- Alberta government undecided about ban on menthol tobacco
- Flu vaccination clinics open across the province
- Edmonton police investigating suspicious death