A march is planned in Maskwacis to address violence on the Samson Cree Nation a day after a teen was found dead on the reserve Saturday.

The RCMP confirmed to CBC Edmonton that the body of a 17-year-old was found in a field by a community member at around 4:30 p.m. There is no cause of death and an autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

The march, which is planned for later Sunday afternoon, was organized after 20-year-old Jacob Soosay was killed earlier this month in what the RCMP believe was a gang-related shooting.

Jacob Soosay

Jacob Soosay, 20, died in a shooting in Maskwacis earlier this month. (Facebook)

A 16-year-old youth was later charged with first-degree murder. Both Soosay and the accused are from Samson Cree Nation.

Theresia Boysis, who is one of the organizers of the anti-violence march, said people in the community are "fed up."

"We're tired of this violence, and we're trying to put a stop to it, that's why we're trying to have a march here to let people know, hey enough is enough," she said.

Boysis said nobody on the reserve is sure what happened to the teen, but are hoping the march will make people speak up about it.

'We're tired of this violence, and we're trying to put a stop to it, that's why we're trying to have a march here to let people know, hey enough is enough.'- Theresia Boysis, Samson Cree Nation

"We're hoping to let people know, hey, you've got eyes, use them," she said. "Report it, whatever is going on, because we have guns here on this reserve that I just don't want any part of them - I wish they'd get rid of them."

Earlier this month the federal government  announced a $2.9-million program aimed at fighting youth crime and gang violence at Maskwacis, formerly known as Hobbema.