Loblaw company recalls President's Choice juice
The recalled juice was sold at the following stores:
- B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba: Extra Foods, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore, Shop Easy, SuperValu, Your Independent Grocer, Real Canadian Wholesale Club
- Ontario: Fortinos, Loblaws, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore, Real Canadian Wholesale Club, Cash & Carry, Valu-Mart, Your Independent Grocer, Zehrs, Freshmart
- Quebec: AXEP, Group Distribution, L'Intermarché, Loblaws, Maxi & Cie, Maxi, Provigo, à plein gaz
- Atlantic provinces: Cash & Carry, Real Canadian Wholesale Club, Dominion, Freshmart, Red & White, nofrills, Save Easy, Real Canadian Superstore
A popular President’s Choice juice sold across the county has been recalled due to concerns over the inclusion of sulphites.
Loblaw Companies Limited has issued a recall for 1.36-litre bottles of President’s Choice white grape juice with a best before date of April 17, 2014.
The juice contains sulphites that are not declared on the label.
While no one has become ill from drinking the juice, the undisclosed sulphites could pose a threat to those with a sensitivity.
According to a release made by the company, the source of the sulphites has now been identified and the problem has been corrected.
All bottles from the affected batch have now been removed from store shelves.
The company says it has not received any consumer complaints or heard of any problems caused by the recalled juice.
With files from the The Canadian Press
Popular now in news
- 2206 reading nowLive Blog
Accused killer Dellen Millard cross-examines former friend at Laura Babcock murder trial
- 1517 reading nowGO PUBLIC
Bell customers, employees flood CBC with complaints about high-pressure sales
- 1000 reading nowNew
Daring defection of North Korean soldier captured in dramatic video
- 922 reading now
'Cult-like worshippers' turn Canadian-invented Instant Pot into a phenomenon
- 683 reading now
Good morning, Calgary! It's -8 C or +8 C, depending on which part of the city you're in