Backyard ice rinks are a common sight in Canada - but what about backyard luge courses? The CBC's John Roberston looks at the evolution of one man's winter hobby over the years.
Homemade ice slide continues Stony Plain tradition
CBC News Posted: Dec 31, 2012 6:37 PM MT Last Updated: Dec 31, 2012 6:36 PM MT
Latest Edmonton News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
Dan LeGrandeur, a wildlife conflict specialist with Bear Scare, teaches families how to safely use bear spray at an event put on by the Alberta BearSmart organization.
Late Night CBC TV News from Edmonton
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Edmonton
Karl Grantmyre with the Alberta Society for Injured Birds of Prey on Friday released a rehabilitated bald eagle at the Strathcona Science Park.
Top News Headlines
- 'It was the ultimate betrayal': Mom reacts to video discovery of therapist's 'rough' handling of autistic son
- Wildrose's Derek Fildebrandt suspended for 'unacceptable' comment on social media
- No one is safe from Spelling Bee champions' smart remarks
- Trudeau hails 'reconnected' Liberal Party as new constitution adopted
- Wildrose MLA Derek Fildebrandt suspended after 'unacceptable' comment on social media
- City of Edmonton and Oilers owners suing architects of Rogers Place
- Fort McMurray non-essential businesses hamper work to get evacuated city reopened
- Wildrose attack on Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne draws apology
- University of Calgary spent $90,000 on legal fees related to CBC request for information
- Police investigating after man found dead in north Edmonton
- Wynne, Ontario, ridiculed by opposition Wildrose in Alberta legislature
- Every sign has a story at Edmonton's Neon Sign Museum
- 2 Fort McMurray councillors with kids won't move back as part of re-entry next week