Fire officials release cause of strip mall fire
Fire at Sandy Lane Shopping Centre destroyed six businesses
A fire that destroyed six businesses last week in a west Edmonton strip mall started in the Sandy Lane Meat and Deli shop.
Fire officials say the blaze at the Sandy Lane Shopping Centre on Oct. 12th started in metal vent pipes connected to a smoke generator used to process meat.
The fire ignited the building's insulation and spread through the roof.
Fire officials say the mall sustained $1.5 million in damages to the structure and $1 million to the contents.