Fatal garage fire started by space heater inside trailer

A man in his sixties died Wednesday after a garage at 107th Avenue and 153rd Street caught fire
Edmonton fire investigators examine the remains of a garage that caught fire Wednesday night, killing a man in his sixties. (CBC )

A fatal garage fire in west Edmonton was started by an electrical heater inside a trailer that was parked in the building. 

Firefighters pulled a man in his sixties out of the garage at 107th Avenue and 153rd Street after they arrived around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. 

EMS tried to revive the man but he died at the scene.

A tenant in the house attached to the garage said the man was homeless but occasionally stayed in the trailer with the homeowner’s permission.

Damages are estimated at $35,000.