Fatal garage fire started by space heater inside trailer
A fatal garage fire in west Edmonton was started by an electrical heater inside a trailer that was parked in the building.
Firefighters pulled a man in his sixties out of the garage at 107th Avenue and 153rd Street after they arrived around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
EMS tried to revive the man but he died at the scene.
A tenant in the house attached to the garage said the man was homeless but occasionally stayed in the trailer with the homeowner’s permission.
Damages are estimated at $35,000.