Sawyer Robison was released on bail from the Edmonton Remand Centre on June 29th. (CBC)

Crown prosecutors are asking for a review of a court's decision to grant bail to the Alberta man charged with shooting two RCMP officers.

Sawyer Robison, 27, was released from the Edmonton Remand Centre on June 29th under strict conditions.

Robison faces two counts of attempted murder and 15 weapons offences in the shooting of constables Sheldon Shah and Sydney Gaudette near Killam, Alta., on Feb. 7.

Paperwork filed with a court in Wetaskiwin requests 30 minutes in front of a judge on July 15 to ask for a review hearing.

"The Crown believes the justice committed errors in law and in principle in the decision to order the accused released," said Alberta Justice spokesman Jason Maloney.

Robison's lawyer Brian Beresh called the Crown's move "sour grapes."

"Shocked and amazed," he said. "In my view there is no basis in law or in fact for such a request."

There is no guarantee that the court will agree to review the decision.

Evidence heard during last month's bail hearing is covered by a publication ban.