The city is warning Edmonton drivers and LRT riders to expect delays this weekend.
Intersections along the Metro Line will be closed periodically throughout the weekend while city workers test the LRT power wires.
The following intersections will be affected:
- 105th Street and 105th Avenue
- 105th Street and 106th Avenue
- 105th Street and 107th Avenue
- Kingsway Avenue and 104th Street
- 111th Avenue and 106th Street
- Princess Elizabeth Avenue and 106th Street
Traffic will also be reduced to one lane westbound along Princess Elizabeth Avenue from 106th Street to 109th Street through to Sunday afternoon.
Work will wrap up Saturday at 8 p.m., with delays resuming Sunday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
When complete, the Metro Line will run from Churchill LRT Station downtown to the NAIT campus.
The line is anticipated to open by the end of 2014.