Chef Doreen Prei shares her recipe for an easy and delicious weekday breakfast you can make in minutes.
Doreen's delicious toast and egg
- 1 slice of white bread (sourdough or baguette)
- 1 egg
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Slice, toast and butter bread, cut into pieces
- Place egg in boiling water - boil for 6 minutes
- Peel and crush the soft-boiled egg over the bread
- Season everything with flakes of sea salt and freshly ground pepper as desired
- Marinate arugula with a little olive oil and use as garnish
Doreen Prei is a private chef, food consultant and Radio Active's food columnist. She joins the show every Thursday at 4:40 p.m.