Chef Doreen's recipes for easy-to-make weekday breakfasts
Join Radio Active each Thursday for more tips and tricks from our resident expert chef
Chef Doreen Prei shares her recipe for an easy and delicious weekday breakfast you can make in minutes.
Doreen's delicious toast and egg
- 1 slice of white bread (sourdough or baguette)
- 1 egg
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Slice, toast and butter bread, cut into pieces
- Place egg in boiling water - boil for 6 minutes
- Peel and crush the soft-boiled egg over the bread
- Season everything with flakes of sea salt and freshly ground pepper as desired
- Marinate arugula with a little olive oil and use as garnish
Doreen Prei is a private chef, food consultant and Radio Active's food columnist. She joins the show every Thursday at 4:40 p.m.