Scott Fralick reports on an amazing new heart procedure developed in Edmonton by cardiologist Dr. Yashu Coe which is helping a 5-year-old boy.
Alberta heart doctor pioneers stent implant for young patients
David Minchin, 5, gets new life as stent corrects heart defect
CBC News Posted: Oct 23, 2012 11:42 AM MT Last Updated: Oct 23, 2012 11:31 AM MT
Latest Edmonton News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
Late Night CBC TV News from Edmonton
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Edmonton
Bonnie Thompson with the National Film Board reflects on the life and work of Aboriginal filmmaker Gil Cardinal, who passed away over the weekend.
Eduardo Sosa, director of roadway maintenance, says the city will declare a seasonal parking ban on priority routes effective at 11 p.m. Tuesday. , said tickets will be issued.
Top News Headlines
- City of Chicago releases video showing white police officer fatally shooting black teen
- Paris doctors offer chilling details of 'war medicine' during attacks
- Anonymous tries to defeat terrorism by rickrolling ISIS on Twitter
- Liberals won't meet deadline to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada by year's end
- Alberta Conservative MLA Manmeet Bhullar killed in highway crash
- James Clifford Paul pleads guilty in sex assault on girl, 7, at Paul First Nation
- 1st-ever First Nations student among 3 Rhodes scholars named at U of A
- Notley says carbon-tax plan won't hurt majority of Albertans
- City declares parking ban following 1st winter snowfall
- Edmonton police seek suspect in four purse snatchings
- Magna Carta on display in Edmonton for the first time
- Former Edmonton Liberal MLA Weslyn Mather dies
- Push on to transform abandoned LRT space into underground arts district