Scott Fralick reports on an amazing new heart procedure developed in Edmonton by cardiologist Dr. Yashu Coe which is helping a 5-year-old boy.
Alberta heart doctor pioneers stent implant for young patients
David Minchin, 5, gets new life as stent corrects heart defect
CBC News Posted: Oct 23, 2012 11:42 AM MT Last Updated: Oct 23, 2012 11:31 AM MT
Latest Edmonton News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Edmonton
Producer Isabelle Gallant shares her lessons from her first winter of cycling. Lesson 2: how to choose the right tires
Ben Fedoruk, general manager at Revolution Cycle in Edmonton, says a fat bike standard tire does really well in winter. "The way they are constructed, they flex a lot.” Watch as Fedoruk takes to city trails on his fat bike.
Laura McLean give a detailed description of sugar in soft drinks.
Top News Headlines
- Box fell out of Millard's trailer after being seized by police, Bosma trial hears
- Scientists may have discovered ripples in space time predicted by Einstein's theory of relativity
- Netflix crackdown is for real — and those getting hit are fighting back
- 'Alberta lost its focus,' B.C. government says in throne speech slam
- New home 'nightmare' for northern Alberta family
- Direct Energy customer gets 16 bills in one day
- Gaping downtown hole on market for $4.375 M
- Mosquitoes getting a jump on spring in Edmonton
- Teen to undergo same operation twice after 1st procedure halted mid-surgery
- Dog left disabled in coyote attack needs new home
- Edmonton has cheapest gas prices in Canada
- Two-wheeled winter: CBC producer takes on winter cycling
- Edmonton business owner recommends tougher security measures following Mac's robbery