Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- How Canada is perceived around the world
- 6 WestJet passengers injured after flight diverted to Winnipeg due to threat
- Winnipeg lawyer Maria Mitousis, 35, injured by bomb in law office
- Canadian towns offer free land to lure new residents
- WestJet flight diverted to Calgary over bomb threat
- FIFA Women's World Cup: Lauren Sesselmann fires back at critics after Canada's loss
- Air Canada flight diversion to Winnipeg leads to charges against Nunavut woman
- Transit referendum: Voters say No to new Metro Vancouver tax, transit improvements
- Teen who 'swatted' Disneyland had too much time on hands
- Air Canada flights at Pearson cancelled amid fuel company dispute