Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- B.C. Lower Mainland storm cuts power to 400,000 homes
- Police locate victim, 2 suspects after alleged abduction in Barrie
- Fierce B.C. storm knocks out power and causes havoc
- Family of drowned Syrian boy was trying to get to Canada
- 2 men conflict over donation made to Conservatives
- 'Divorce selfie' reaction surprises Calgary couple
- Vancouver dog on sidewalk isn't dead; he's just sleeping
- Malahat highway on Vancouver Island closed after 4 injured in crash
- B.C. storm topples trees, downs power lines and wreaks havoc
- Air Canada mistaken fares: Winning a lottery or taking advantage?