Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Mystery tunnel found near Pan Am Games venue
- Toronto tunnel posed no threat to Pan Am Games, police say
- Chris Brown denied entry to Canada before Toronto, Montreal shows
- Pesticide blamed in 8-month-old's death in Fort McMurray
- Farmhouse fire claims lives of 4 Manitoba brothers
- Quebec judge wouldn't hear case of woman wearing hijab
- Restricted Vancouver playground access sparks angry exchange between school principal, parent
- Chris Hadfield's flight suit found in Toronto thrift store
- Dementia patients' wives battle Sun Life, BMO over costly missteps
- Rehtaeh Parsons case: Dad of guilty man reportedly arrested in Wikipedia edits probe