Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Fredericton road rage video creates Facebook stir
- B.C. Mountie in 'most Canadian photo ever' had no idea it would explode online
- Medicine Hat basketball player allowed to use f-word last name
- Atlantic Van Lines tells single mom to pay 4 times quoted cost
- Retirement home fees of $1K per month continue after seniors die or move out
- Amy's Kitchen recalls various products over listeria concerns
- Air Canada ad suggests Atlantic Canada is a separate country
- Alberta budget delivers tax increases for 1st time in years
- Pte. Jeremiah Cross and family killed in South Carolina crash
- 3 foods you can eat after the best before date, but might not want to