Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Rachel Notley sworn in as Alberta premier, reveals cabinet
- Passenger charged with drunk driving in Labrador City
- Ocean 'blob' could be responsible for warmer temperatures
- 4 reasons why feeding bread to ducks is stupid
- Cache Creek declares state of emergency after flash flood
- Body of former Metro Vancouver man recovered from Mexican lake
- Alberta forest fire forces evacuation of oilsands facilities
- Nickelback: should Canadian pride outweigh Aussie derision?
- Montrealer sets world record for farthest flight by hoverboard
- Courtenay, B.C. house explosion leaves 3 critically injured