Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Man accused of stabbing soldiers at Toronto military recruitment centre found fit to stand trial
- Brandon police, judge apologize to teens after mix-up led to weekend in jail
- Snakes force Ontario city to stop cutting grass at public park
- 'We're not social workers' attitude doesn't belong 'in 21st century policing,' expert says
- Air Canada policy change urged after minor left alone to sleep on airport floor overnight
- Deaths of two First Nation teens could be 'foul play,' RCMP say
- Alberta judge delivers blistering rebuke of lower court sex-assault decision
- Hwy. 407 crash involving coach bus leaves 3 people dead
- 82-year-old Sechelt woman living in car