Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Toronto Blue Jays' 1st playoff game in 22 years underway
- Rehtaeh Parsons case review finds system 'failed'
- Guelph Blue Jays fan has unopened souvenir Coke cans from 1992
- B.C. mom says home-alone ruling undermines parents' rights
- Toronto Blue Jays, Canada's team, begins pursuit of World Series
- Randy Quaid free again after detention review hearing
- RCMP dad busts a move in after-school dance party video
- Evergreen homicide victim had ties to organized crime, sources say
- Toronto Blue Jays playoffs: Where to watch Games 1 and 2
- Paramedic with PTSD loses job, may lose house after licence dispute