Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Remembering Nelson Mandela Dec. 6, 2013 1:57 PM Canadians remember Nelson Mandela with stories of how he inspired their lives, their careers and more.
- Rob Ford offered to buy crack video, surveillance reports suggest
- How a Hamilton woman lost then won a $50m lotto ticket
- Generic drug switch by Shoppers outrages parents
- Rob Ford documents: 8 revelations from wiretap evidence
- Calgary weather: Blizzard conditions, snow will persist
- Rob Ford scandal: Why haven't charges been laid?
- Tim Hortons boss accused of cheating Filipino workers for OT
- Toronto police Const. John Zivcic dies after crash
- Canadian soldier’s apparent suicide would be 4th in days
- Canadian accused of trying to pass ship secrets to China