Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Stephen Harper nude painting sold to Vancouver man for $20K
- Internet bill too high? Why Canadian politeness may be costing you
- New Canadian renounces oath to the Queen, pledges 'true' loyalty only to Canada
- Liberals win landslide victory in Newfoundland and Labrador election
- Women allegedly yelled racial slurs and 'viciously attacked' SkyTrain passenger
- Wildrose to introduce MLA recall bill
- Triple homicide at rural home not murder-suicide: Edson RCMP
- Newfoundland's oldest resident, Frances Peddle, dies at 109
- Brice Royer's offer of unconditional love sparks chain of kindness
- Police parking crackdown at Vancouver elementary school upsets parents