Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- 'Like being punched in the face': Feds target laser attacks on planes with #NotABrightIdea
- CRTC pushes cable providers, public to tell all about new $25 basic TV packs
- Panama Papers confirm Canadian billionaire and university benefactor as mystery man in global bribery case
- How (and maybe why) the Thelma and Louise of capybaras made their daring Toronto escape
- Gord Downie, Tragically Hip singer, has terminal cancer
- 'Dad was right there with her': Son snaps photo of parents on life-support before father dies
- Man charged with impersonating Fort McMurray evacuee
- Unruly smoker forces Vancouver-bound Lufthansa flight to divert to Hamburg
- Georges Laraque helps detain man in attempted child kidnapping at Jeanne-Mance Park