Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
New Brunswick Votes 2014
- Role of hospitals must be reviewed, health expert says
- New Brunswick needs to merge the departments of Health and Social Development and re-examine how surgical hospitals are spread around the province, according to a health expert.
- Some candidates turn to crowdfunding to finance campaigns
- Some candidates in the provincial election are asking voters to put their money where their mouse is by using crowdfunding to finance their campaigns.
- Brian Gallant defends stance on natural resource jobs
- Liberal Leader Brian Gallant took his campaign to Saint John on Tuesday night where he was looking for votes in a city where the Progressive Conservative resource development strategy has earned significant support.
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- If no inquiry, then what? Aboriginal women talk about how to stem the violence Aug. 27, 2014 3:02 PM Following the killing of Tina Fontaine, some aboriginal women plan action of their own to stop violence against women because they accept there will likely never be a federal inquiry.
- Justin Trudeau home break-in: Man entered in error so no charges
- Ronald Stan, Ontario man missing since 1977, found in U.S.
- Killer whale pod rallies around orca trapped in fisherman's net
- B.C. teachers' strike: morale fades as school year looms
- Decker Glacier lake at Whistler a sign of melt to come
- B.C. teachers' strike: Jim Iker calls for Peter Fassbender to 'get this deal done' Monday
- Foggy the humpback whale returns to Bay of Fundy after close call
- Michael Lumahang drowns after trying to rescue boy from Ottawa River
- Mexican woman in Montreal facing deportation to remain in Canada
- Winnie the Pooh saga turns 100 years old