Broke American students are streaming into Canadian colleges and universities trying to avoid the crushing debt that accompanies U.S. tuition. So what do Canadian students do? They might take inspiration from an idea out of Oregon: pay-what-you-can later when you're working. With so many tuition cheques already due, The Current's Project Money looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward proposal.
Could 'pay what you can tuition' work in Canada?
CBC's The Current looks at the pros and cons of the Pay-It-Forward plan
CBC News Posted: Sep 04, 2013 12:26 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 04, 2013 1:53 PM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Ontario medical community reeling from death of respected physician
- Nurse who 'vented' online found guilty of professional misconduct
- Man arrested after hidden camera found in men's change room at U of A hospital gym
- Free book offers tips to survive and thrive after losing your job
- Police investigate 'suspicious circumstances' at West Kildonan home