Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Children orphaned by Ebola outbreak shunned by caregivers and community Oct. 1, 2014 2:49 PM Thousands of children orphaned because of Ebola are facing further tragedy, being shunned by caregivers and the community.
- Brooklyn Honderich, 2, found safe after massive search in Norwich Township
- Michael Wekerle's Porsche 918 Spyder burns at Caledon gas station
- Luka Magnotta trial hears how torso found in trash outside apartment
- Ottawa police officer Kal Ghadban takes own life at Elgin Street headquarters
- Rosemont rocked by propane explosion, 5 injured
- Luka Magnotta trial: Jun Lin hid homosexuality from his family, ex-boyfriend testifies
- TTC 'Leprechaun' spurs outrage, legal questions
- 'Deadbeats' across Canada owe more than $3.7B in support
- Foreign worker paid consultant $25K to get visa, but arrived to find no job
- Ottawa Lotto Max winners say money doesn't solve everything