Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Canadians owe $1.71 for every dollar of disposable income they have — a new record high
- Veterans brace for battle and disappointment as pension decision looms
- 16-year-old survivor of Fond-du-Lac plane crash thought he 'was going to die'
- Canada's electronic spy agency and military get new orders to prevent sharing information gained by torture
- TD Canada Trust backs down, releases family's $846K inheritance
- Location, location, location: How your health-care coverage is linked to where you live in Canada
- Man accused in St. Thomas baseball bat attack is a lawyer from an influential Toronto family
- All 25 people on crashed Saskatchewan flight 'accounted for' but some require air ambulance, RCMP say
- Police release images of man seen with Tess Richey shortly before she was killed