Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Child benefit rules failing to keep pace with changing families, think-tank says
- Why trade deals like CETA have become a 'whipping boy' for anti-globalization forces
- 'Oh my god, what have I done?' CBC uncovers chilling new details in unsolved B.C. killing
- Multiple police forces probe southwestern Ontario deaths
- Medicine Hat judges ordered 4-year-old not to wear girls' clothes in public
- Walmart insider says 'heartbreaking' amount of food dumped in trash
- Bathurst bylaw: No trick-or-treating after 7 p.m., must be under 14
- Creep Catcher vigilantes accused of threatening women who question group's tactics
- Toronto woman wrongly billed for Uber ride in Poland says she feels 'violated'