Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Retired judge John Reilly on 'Bad Justice' for Aboriginal offenders Dec. 17, 2014 3:24 PM As a circuit court judge for 33 years, John Reilly laboured against the justice system to bring awareness of the plight of aboriginal people.
- Dalhousie University probes misogynistic student 'Gentlemen's Club'
- Dario Bartoli, 15, killed in group assault in Surrey
- Irene Joseph's takedown by Smithers RCMP captured in photo
- Permanent residency spouse sponsorship delays leave new dad unable to support family
- Site C dam approved by B.C. government
- Dalhousie delays dentistry exams amid misogyny case on Facebook
- Danielle Smith among Wildrose MLAs crossing to Alberta PC party
- N.W.T. taxi video catches 3 wolves attempting bison takedown
- Acid Attack: Nikolas Stefanatos sentenced to 57 months
- Luka Magnotta trial: What the jury didn't see or hear