Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Trudeau cabinet welcomes Trump's Keystone XL decision
- Liberal efforts to stamp out sexual, domestic assault called 'massive disappointment'
- Trump's simplistic talk on NAFTA ignores the threat of disruption: Don Pittis
- Memories from space: Roberta Bondar marks 25th anniversary of Discovery shuttle mission
- Nova Scotia village hosts one of the smallest women's marches, but it's still mighty
- Brantford rapist escapes Kingston facility
- Tamara Lovett found guilty of negligence, failure to provide necessaries of life in death of 7-year-old son
- 'Whatever means necessary': How these insiders tricked Loblaws shoppers into signing up for credit cards
- Arena roof collapses 1 hour after kids finish skating