Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
- Why Trump is rattling South Korea more than an 'easy to predict' Kim Jong-un
- 'Take a knee': Athletes and celebrities call for protest after Donald Trump's tweets
- Engineers inspecting Puerto Rico's cracked dam that could 'collapse at any minute'
- Cheap, no-frills airfares are coming to Canada — but will they be worth it?
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Milton mom given 25 handmade hijabi dolls by mystery donor
- Edmonton community mourns 3 mothers killed in crash by stolen truck
- Man shot by police dies, officer in stable condition
- RCMP called off chase of stolen truck before 3 killed in crash near Alberta-Sask. border
- Brandon teens credited with caring for toddler found alone in the rain