Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
- Experts were wrong about Trump and Brexit — will the markets eventually get it right?
- Slain Toronto doctor called a 'shining star' by hospital director
- 'Righteous … but dangerous': What Trump stands to win and lose from Taiwan relations
- After 5 years of protesting pipelines, group remains target of taxman
Latest Canada News Headlines
- 'A dating website designed by Fidel Castro': Opposition blasts Liberal electoral reform survey
- Peak uncertainty: How to navigate this period of economic disorder and confusion
- Canada needs 'defined model' of universal pharmacare, citizen panel urges
- Justin Trudeau agrees to discuss health care with premiers Friday
- 'I trusted them fully': B.C. man, 92, says of son and daughter who took his millions
- A physician killed, her neurosurgeon husband charged with murder: 'How could this all happen?'
- Montreal buses, cars, police cruiser and even salt truck slide down hill
- Montreal police link suspect in gas station shooting to earlier homicide nearby
- Nurse who 'vented' online found guilty of professional misconduct