Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
- Soulpepper kept previous sex harassment scandal quiet for 19 months
- What really happens to old clothes dropped in those in-store recycling bins
- Health minister's Twitter account highlights cost of government tweeting
- What do we know about the suspect in the disappearances from Toronto's Gay Village?
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Members of far-right Storm Alliance attend Trudeau's town hall in Quebec City
- U.S. border guards can search your phone: here are some details on how
- Holly Hamilton's ex-boyfriend, Justin Dumpfrey, charged with 2nd-degree murder
- Alberta could create its own EI system to cover high-wage earners in volatile industries, report says
- New details emerge in 'very disturbing' Edmonton child abuse case
- Reported hijab attack on 11-year-old girl 'did not happen,' Toronto police say
- 7-year sentence for Gargol killer in case with Facebook selfie evidence
- Professor put on leave after allegedly mocking U of G student with 'severe anxiety'
- Family horrified after funeral home mixes up bodies, cremates wrong one