Sporting a necklace and earrings, a 28-year-old Elizabeth first appeared as the Queen on Canadian currency in 1954. (She appeared on the $20 bill in 1935 while Princess Elizabeth). Since 1954, a total of five different portraits of the Queen have appeared on Canadian banknotes. The video above shows her transformation over the years.
Changing portraits of the Queen on Canadian currency
CBC News Posted: May 31, 2012 11:41 AM ET Last Updated: Jun 04, 2012 10:34 AM ET
Top News Headlines
Latest Canada News Headlines
- 'It's absurd': Whitby, Ont., mom turned in to children's aid after dentist reports possible 'oral neglect'
- Family gets HIV testing after catheter found in ice cream tub
- Bomb left in bag explodes in pickup, causing serious burns to 4 occupants in Winnipeg
- U.S.-bound travellers to face 'enhanced security measures' at all Canadian airports
- Toronto police officer charged after man, 19, beaten and blinded in left eye