Wildrose picks candidate for Calgary-Greenway byelection
Businessman Devinder Toor defeated one other candidate for the Wildrose nomination
Members of the Wildrose party picked their candidate Friday night for the upcoming byelection in Calgary-Greenway.
- MORE CALGARY NEWS | Derek Fildebrant defends expense claim for breakfast with Preston Manning
- MORE CALGARY NEWS | On-ice racism on the rise in Calgary minor hockey
The northeast Calgary riding became vacant when Progressive Conservative MLA Manmeet Bhullar was killed in a highway accident late last year
Businessman Devinder Toor defeated one other candidate for the nomination.
He says the NDP's economic record will be the key issue in this by-election.
"After the NDP government got elected, I think everywhere you go, people don't want this government," Toor said.
"We need to send a strong message as the Wildrose party, as the opposition party, we need to send a strong message that people are not happy. They're not happy with the policies or whatever they're throwing at us so we need to send a strong message to protect the jobs and the economy."
The Progressive Conservatives are holding their nomination Saturday.
The Greens, Liberals and NDP have already named their candidates.
Voters will go to the polls on March 22.
- Calgary-Greenway byelection set for March 22 despite opposition
- Roop Rai to represent Alberta NDP in Calgary-Greenway byelection
- Calgary-Greenway byelection: Alberta Party still seeking 'strong local' candidate
- PCs name Prabhdeep Gill as Calgary-Greenway byelection candidate
- Liberals name Khalil Karbani candidate for Calgary-Greenway byelection
- Ric McIver does about-face on PC candidate selection for Calgary-Greenway byelection