Gas prices still low, but rising in Calgary
Prices remain lowest in the country
Posted: Jan 22, 2013 6:28 AM MT
Last Updated: Jan 22, 2013 11:13 AM MT
Gas prices are slowly starting to rise in Calgary, but the price at the pump is still lower when compared to the rest of the country.
Regular gasoline costs anywhere from 90.9 to 99.9 cents per litre, according to Gasbuddy.com.
That's up two cents from Monday's average price, which has some Calgarians concerned.
“Anytime it goes up it’s bad news, but what can you do about it, nobody has any control over it we’re all just suckers at the gas pump,” says Jim Haskayne.
In Quebec, the average price of gas is just over $1.30 per litre.
In Saskatchewan, it's about $1.04, while in B.C. gas averages $1.18 per litre.
Jason Toews, with Gasbuddy.com, says prices will likely go up in Calgary in the next few months.
"I think stock up while you can because gas prices will be going up and I would expect to see within a few months we'll be back over a dollar per litre,” Toews said, adding the price could go as high as $1.20 per litre.
But Calgarian Dennis Ledoux says it wouldn't be much of a shock considering gas was much more expensive last year.
“I don’t think that’s going to be much of a difference, but it would be kind of nice to keep it at the lower price," Ledoux says.
Latest Calgary News Headlines
- S.E. Calgary man missing since February
- Police are asking for help from the public as they search for a man who has been missing since February. more »
- Peewee hockey bodychecking faces national ban
- Hundreds of delegates arrive in Charlottetown Wednesday for the Hockey Canada annual general meeting, where they will vote on whether bodychecking should be banned nationally in minor hockey. more »
- Animals rescued from shelter in SPCA probe
- As the Alberta SPCA investigates an animal rescue operation west of Calgary, other shelters are stepping in to care for its displaced animals. more »
- Blood donation ban lifted for some men who have sex with men
- Health Canada will allow men to donate blood if they haven't had sex with a man in the last five years, a change in policy to take effect in the coming weeks. more »
Top News Headlines
- Mike Duffy says his actions 'do not merit criticism'
- Senator Mike Duffy said in a statement Wednesday he's confident that when Canadians know all the facts about his spending claims they will conclude his actions "do not merit criticism." more »
- Ford ally says mayor told to limit comments on alleged crack video
- Legal advice may be behind Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's decision to stay silent in the wake of allegations he was recorded smoking what appears to be crack cocaine. more »
- 'You will see him again in heaven,' Sharlene Bosma tells daughter
- Sharlene Bosma told more than 1,000 people at the public memorial service for her slain husband, Tim Bosma, about the love they shared. more »
- Obama to visit Oklahoma following deadly tornado
- Rescue workers raced to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children. more »
- Danielle Smith slams Redford at Calgary leader's dinner
- Brooks celebrates hockey win with parade
- Graphic anti-abortion leaflet campaign expands
- Mount Norquay gets approval to expand
- 10 must try food truck street eats
- Deadly tornadoes can strike Alberta, say experts
- SPCA investigates animal rescue farm near Calgary
- Ranchers spotting grizzlies in southern Alberta
- Driver too drunk to stand, says mom of toddler killed on patio