Calgary man dies after being stabbed at party
Posted: Jan 12, 2013 11:16 AM MT
Last Updated: Jan 12, 2013 12:29 PM MT
One man is dead after being stabbed at a house party in northwest Calgary early Saturday morning.
Calgary police say they were called to a house in the 5100 block of Brisebois Drive around 3 a.m. MT where they found two men with stab wounds.
One died in hospital while the other was treated for serious injuries.
Investigators are still interviewing witnesses.
No charges have been laid yet.
Latest Calgary News Headlines
- Unlicensed teen ticketed for high-speed drive
- A teenage girl without a licence pulled over for speeding on a highway near Calgary is facing several charges. more »
- Harper's constituents react to chief of staff's resignation
- Residents of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's constituency of Calgary Southwest are weighing in on Nigel Wright's departure. more »
- Wheelchair rugby grows in popularity
- Wheelchair rugby is seeing a rise in popularity across Alberta, with clubs in Calgary and Edmonton reporting new members. more »
- Edmonton driver, 62, charged in boy's patio death
- A 62-year-old Edmonton man is facing numerous impaired driving-related charges after a two-year-old boy was killed when a SUV crashed through a dining patio at a south Edmonton restaurant Sunday night. more »
Top News Headlines
- Unknown remains found on Dellen Millard's farm
- Police searching the farm of Dellen Millard, the 27-year-old charged with first-degree murder after the remains of Ancaster, Ont., man Tim Bosma were discovered, have found other remains on the property, but it's unclear if they are human or animal. more »
- Canadian on EI shut out amid foreign worker influx
- A jobless Canadian IT professional who is collecting employment insurance is upset because he now suspects several recent jobs he applied for went to temporary foreign workers. more »
- Can the Senate fire a senator?
- An expert on parliamentary rules says the Senate has the power to turf a senator from the chamber, as long as a majority approves the expulsion, and as long as there is cause. more »
- Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs
- A tornado churned through Oklahoma City suburbs, destroying homes for the second day in a row Monday, as part of a severe weather outbreak that was expected to spread in other parts of the Plains and Midwest. more »
- Lethbridge massage therapist charged with sexual assault
- Police nab Calgary motorcyclist at 180 km/h
- Missing teen found
- Six campers rescued after getting lost in Kananaskis Country
- Calgary police arrest 2 following minor explosions
- It's all Greek to yogurt fans
- 1 person hurt after trains collide near Medicine Hat
- Edmonton boy, 2, killed after car hits patio
- Downtown Kiss-In marks Anti-Homophobia Day