Crosby the giraffe arrives at Calgary Zoo
Former Louisville Zoo giraffe, 2, will be companion to Calgary's Carrie
Posted: Oct 2, 2012 3:03 PM MT
Last Updated: Oct 2, 2012 4:36 PM MT
The Calgary Zoo has another new addition, a two-year-old Masai giraffe from the Louisville Zoo.
Crosby will eventually be a new companion to Carrie, the Zoo’s 19-year-old female reticulated giraffe.
Visitors won’t get to see Crosby for the next month, as he will be kept in quarantine in the Savannah building.
Latest Calgary News Headlines
- Sled Island music and arts festival kicks off
- The Sled Island festival of rock music, film, comedy and art kicks off Tuesday. Highlights include an appearance by '80s cult band, The Jesus and Mary Chain. more »
- Dustin Paxton's outstanding assault charges stayed
- Two charges pending against Dustin Paxton have been stayed. more »
- Parents in dark about teens tanning, study suggests
- New research into the use of indoor tanning salons by Alberta teenagers suggests their parents are clueless about it. more »
- What Happened to Betty Anne Gagnon?
- Betty Anne Gagnon was found dead in the parking lot of an Alberta gas station in 2009. Her sister and brother-in-law were charged in relation to her death. The CBC takes an in-depth look at the shocking case and the questions that remain about how the province cares for developmentally-disabled adults. more »
Top News Headlines
- G8 leaders agree to 7-point plan on Syria as summit wraps
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the other G8 leaders reach a seven-point plan aimed at stopping the conflict in Syria, wrapping up a two-day summit in Northern Ireland following talks on trade, tax evasion, poverty and terrorism. more »
- Are e-cigarettes safe to puff?
- As electronic or e-cigarettes grow in popularity, some health advocates want them to be regulated. more »
- In Bangladesh's garment trade, empowerment comes at $20 a week
- The pay is laughable by Western standards, and the shantytowns of Dhaka offer a difficult life. But the surge of mostly young women into the country's increasingly important clothing industry is having a profound change on this largely Islamic society, Margaret Evans writes. more »
- Tory MP bows to Elections Canada in fight over expenses
- Conservative MP Shelly Glover has bowed to Elections Canada in a battle over her 2011 campaign expenses, days after filing a court challenge against the agency. more »
- Motorcyclist takes photos of wolf chasing him on highway
- Violent serial attacker sent to prison indefinitely
- Bank robbing ex-MRU student president awaits sentence
- Tornado warning ends east of Calgary
- Amber Alert ends after infant girl located by Edmonton police
- Man accused of murder now facing sex-related charges
- Alberta police chiefs call for stricter speeding laws
- Wolf seen running along mountain highway again
- Bernard Callebaut's Papa Chocolat ordered to cease trading