Calgary man carjacked by 4 people
Posted: Jan 29, 2012 1:06 PM MT
Last Updated: Jan 29, 2012 1:04 PM MT
Calgary police are looking for four people after a carjacking took place in the city's southeast on Sunday morning.
Police say the suspects were carrying a gun when they approached a man in the parking lot of a convenience store just before 4 a.m. MT.
The man was hit in the face before the suspects took off in his Pontiac.
Police found the car a short distance away, crashed into a tree. No one was inside.
Latest Calgary News Headlines
- Animals rescued from shelter in SPCA probe
- As the Alberta SPCA investigates an animal rescue operation west of Calgary, other shelters are stepping in to care for its displaced animals. more »
- Blood donation ban lifted for some gay, bisexual men
- Health Canada will allow gay men to donate blood if they haven't had sex with a man in the last five years, a change in policy to take effect in the coming weeks. more »
- Danielle Smith slams Redford at Calgary leader's dinner
- Money topped the agenda Tuesday night as the Wildrose Party hosted its Calgary leader's dinner at the BMO Centre. more »
- Graphic anti-abortion leaflet campaign expands
- An anti-abortion group has started distributing graphic postcards in northwest Calgary as part of its campaign to reopen the debate on abortion. more »
Top News Headlines
- Video forensics: How easy would it be to fake a Rob Ford video?
- Two media outlets reported last week that they had seen a cellphone video of Mayor Rob Ford allegedly smoking crack, a claim that has gone global. If a video does surface, how easy would it be to determine its authenticity? CBC News asked video forensic analyst David McKay. more »
- Oklahoma residents begin to return home after deadly tornado
- Rescue workers raced to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children. more »
- Xbox One: A closer look
- The design, performance, Kinect camera, controller, requirements and limitations of Microsoft's Xbox One get a critical look. more »
- Over 1 million Montrealers face boil water advisory
- A boil water advisory is in effect for at least 24 hours across much of Montreal. more »
- Brooks celebrates hockey win with parade
- Mount Norquay gets approval to expand
- Deadly tornadoes can strike Alberta, say experts
- SPCA investigates animal rescue farm near Calgary
- 10 must try food truck street eats
- Ranchers spotting grizzlies in southern Alberta
- Children driven around too much, Canadian report suggests
- Driver too drunk to stand, says mom of toddler killed on patio
- Unlicensed teen ticketed for high-speed drive