Southern Alberta floods by the numbers
The province has released a variety of flood-related statistics. Here is our index.
Province releases flood of statistics
Here are some flood-related statistics from the government of Alberta.
- Amount issued to Albertans on pre-loaded credit or debit cards: almost $70 million.
- Number of Albertans who received the cards: 40,000
- Number of applications for Disaster Recovery Support processed: 8,200
- Number of people who have received cheques: 1,827
- Total amount paid out: $8.6 million
- Number of Albertans living in temporary housing in High River and on the Siksika First Nation: 950
- Number of people from those communities living in hotels or other temporary housing: 400
- Number of students in Alberta returning to school in temporary classrooms: 950
- Number of schools damaged in floods that reopened on September 3: 80
- Number of health facilities damaged by flooding that have reopened: five
- Amount of the 985 kilometres of damaged roadway and bridges repaired: 857 kilometres.
- Number of callers to Alberta Flood Information Line operators since June 24: 18,000
- Amount of debris removed from High River in truckloads: 2,050
- Amount of water removed from town's river system in Olympic swimming pools: 20