Smoking transformer sparks more fire worries at Shaw Court
Reports of another fire this morning at the downtown Shaw building turned out to be a smoking transformer.
Fire crews were called to Shaw Court at about 9:45 a.m. MT Sunday morning.
The building was evacuated, but everyone has since been allowed back inside.
A smoking transformer was located.
The duty battalion chief with the Calgary Fire Department says it was unrelated to last week’s fire.
That incident severed internet and phone services to thousands of its customers and affected 911 service, provincial computer systems and the city’s 311 information number.
A statement released Saturday confirmed that all services are back up and running.