'Slushy from the sky' puzzles residents
Snow, rain, wind alternate in varying parts of city
A quick change in weather Saturday has Calgarians scratching their heads at the temperamental conditions.
Wind and snowfall warnings are in place for much of southwestern Alberta but a rapid change in temperature Saturday had many turning to social media to vent.
One user, @HannahSmartie, gave what we think is one of the best descriptions for the wacky conditions — #slushyfromthesky.
Weather warnings are currently in place for:
- Banff National Park (snowfall warning)
- Kananaskis - Canmore (snowfall warning)
- Okotoks - High River - Claresholm (wind warning)
- Lethbridge - Taber - Milk River (wind warning)
- Crowsnest Pass - Pincher Creek - Waterton Lakes National Park (wind warning)
- Cardston -Fort Macleod - Magrath (wind warning)
Winds are gusting at over 80 km/h in Calgary and many parts of the province, and drivers are being advised to watch for drifting snow.
How are the conditions where you live? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @CBCCalgary.