Restaurant evacuated after gas line break
Firefighters closed a road and evacuated a restaurant after discovering a broken natural gas line.
The discovery of natural gas escaping from the broken line on Southport Road S.W. happened at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
"Firefighters immediately isolated the venting gas and evacuated a nearby restaurant as a precaution," the fire department said in a press release.
"There are no injuries, no property damage, no residences in the area, and the problem only affects the short-term traffic and business on Southport Road."
ATCO Gas workers helped repair the broken line.