Calgary police have charged one man after a rifle was discharged on Tuesday in Radisson Heights and bullets lodged in the wall of a neighbouring unit in the fourplex.
- MORE NEWS | CP Rail plans to cut 1,000 jobs this year
- MORE NEWS | Dash cam captures wild Deerfoot crash
Police were called to the 2700 block of 10th Avenue S.E. about 2:20 a.m. for reports of a gunshot.
They found one bullet hole in the bedroom wall of an adjoining unit and a second hole in the wall separating two bedrooms in the unit.
Police found one man had a magazine with 9-mm bullets in his pocket, then a search warrant turned up a 9 mm Just Right long barrel carbine and a spent shell casing.
A 31-year-old man has been charged with:
- Reckless use of a firearm.
- Possession of a weapon obtained by crime.
- Possession of a firearm without a licence.
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to public peace.
- Two counts of possession of a weapon contrary to a prohibition order.
A 23-year-old man was also arrested on outstanding warrants.