Food culture at the Stampede
Air Date: Jul 13, 2017 12:00 AM ET
What does the food culture at the Calgary Stampede say about our city? Dawn Johnston, a communications professor at the University of Calgary, joins us to talk about our love of fried midway food.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
Latest Calgary News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- 'Act like you're tanning': Homeless Banff worker spends days in park, nights in McDonald's
- Young grizzly chases cyclist near Radium Hot Springs
- 'Battle for the centre' emerges in Alberta as unite-the-right vote succeeds
- Yee Hung Chin, tied to notorious gang in Calgary, gunned down in B.C.
- Climbers rescued after spending night on a mountain ledge near Canmore
- Vehicle plows through gaggle of geese on road near Innisfail, killing dozens of birds
- Man falls to his death at construction site in southeast Calgary
- Calgary man who claims neck was sliced by barbed wire on mountain bike trail charged with fraud
- Calgary Crossfitter Emily Abbott gunning for world title