Eyeopener Extra: Should the City of Calgary pay for a new arena?
Air Date: Oct 06, 2017 12:00 AM ET
A new arena to replace the Saddledome would cost half a billion - that much the City and the Flames ownership group can agree. So why are their proposals so different? Part 2 of our civic election series.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
Latest Calgary News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Reclusive U.S. billionaire Robert Mercer helped Trump win the presidency — but what does he really want?
- Man accused of 1st-degree murders of 2 men missing from Toronto's Gay Village appears in court
- White House ups pressure on Democrats as it seeks to avoid government shutdown
- Blood test for early detection of 8 cancers looks promising
- Canada's deepest cave discovered in southeastern British Columbia
- 'Stop moaning,' Calgary cafe owner tells fellow operators amid debates over rising labour costs
- No, Calgary is not losing 7,000 businesses a year, despite what you've heard
- Ice-cream-eating bear at Alberta drive-thru raises concerns among wildlife experts
- Bears Den restaurant, featured on TV show Fargo, set to close after 14 years
- Border agents should be armed at international airports, union says after Calgary incident
- Grid shuts down after plane clips power lines near Alberta town
- Body found in Calgary mall parking lot after people seen fleeing house party
- Sex enhancement pills and what's known as 'poppers' may pose serious health risks, warns Health Canada